- Creating and uploading new company documentation
- Storing personal documentation
- Searching for existing documentation
- Tracking electronic documentation
- Storing documents
- Retrieving the electronic documents from the storage
- Storing and accessing company policies
- Create workflows
- Draw up reports regarding the documentation
- Accesses templates for documentation
Inside the DMS
Folders are created which then contain files. These can be found using the search option. The creator (owner) of the file determines who may see the documentation, whether in a group or as a shared document.
New editions to the information can be loaded, with previous copies stored on the data-base.
Workflows can be set up and are flexible as they are task specific and person specific. These include the due date and are emailed automatically to the person concerned.
Security rights are according to job description and will be managed by the system administrator. These determine accessibility to the links and documents. The rights are as follows:
The person writing the document is also automatically the owner and can decide who may have access to the documentation by selecting the rights. Documents can also be shared between people giving only those people access to them. Security rights also determine which files can be accessed and which are confidential.